Your online presence is
If properly managed, it makes money and helps your business.
If not, it costs money and hurts your business.
Yes, we build websites and mobile websites.
But before you go jumping into anything, do some homework.
- Your website
- Your business listing in hundreds of online directories (and you didn’t put it there…)
- Your Facebook page
- Your Google+ Listing and reviews
- Your Youtube channel
- Your Twitter identity
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Your Pinterest portfolio
- Your Yahoo listing and reviews
- Reviews on dozens of review sites (are you reading them all?)
- Tagged photos in Google image searches
- Links to your website from other websites
- Forum posts about you
- Articles about you
- Press releases about you
- Tumblr, Hubpages, Weebly, Squidoo…. it just goes on and on.
Just do a Google search for your business name, in quotations, followed by the word ‘in’ and the name of your city.
For example a search for one of my clients, “Jericho Nursery” in Albuquerque produced 48 pages of listings!
So. What do you DO about all this?
Well, suppose you had just inherited dozens of
pieces of real estate from a rich uncle.
Would you be too busy to deal with it?
Would you assume it is all being taken care of by somebody, somewhere?
Or, would you want to gather information about each property? Make sure that all the public records are up to date? Make sure that each property is in good condition and properly secure? Maybe get rid of some? Maybe develop some? Would you have the time or expertise to do all this yourself, or would you hire some help?